If there's one thing I've learned, it's that what happens today should never discourage you about or distract you from tomorrow. When the day ends, whether it was successful or not (by whichever standard), tomorrow will always be a new day and a new fight. We should not let our guard down after victory, nor should be wallow after what we feel is defeat. Both cases lead to dangerous outcomes. We must simply "continue to do good" (1 Peter 4:19).
Yeah, sometimes we mess up. But as our pastor so eloquently put it: "So?" Yeah, it was a screw up. And that is where it ends. God forgave me, and I will do the same. His mercies are new every morning, and by that example, may I ever find grace to understand that His forgiveness is more than enough to give me new hope each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment