"When I can no more stir my soul to move,
And life is but the ashes of a fire;
When I can but remember that my heart
Once used to live and love, long and aspire--
Oh, be thou then the first, the one thou art;
Be thou the calling, before all answering love,
And in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire."
Just when I've given up and reached the end of my own will...I come crawling back. I am always reluctant, but sometimes I come more quickly than others. It always seems like a distant memory when I try to remember how God has drawn me out of the pit in the past, although He has done it faithfully and without fail time and time again. And each time, He calls on me to put to death the part of myself that has again tried to make my home in the world. Every time, He re-awakens my soul, opening me up to the things that one can never remember in the world. Oh, how I wish I could remain in this place. How I wish I could find a place in this heavenly realm to tie myself to it. But I know that, in time, I will wander and have to crawl back here again. I just hope each time I will do it more quickly and less reluctantly.
Thank You, Lord. You are so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment